06 April 2014

Good Advice

I didn't watch the LDS General Conference this weekend. I wasn't in the mood and prefer watching and reading the individual talks one at a time so I can study them. This might be a future weekly post  where I discuss what I learn from each talk. I did spend some time on Pinterest and Facebook where one couldn't help but see the MEME soundbite cards floating all over the interwebz. This one caught my eye and I'm pretty sure it was from last October although I need to verify that.



We would never kick someone in their broken leg but too often feel that it is okay to tell someone who is suffering from depression or another mental illness to just "get over it." Believe me, it is not that easy and hearing others say things like that or offer comparison illnesses a person doesn't have as a reason to be grateful is so not helpful.

I am extremely grateful to the friends who have contacted me the past 4 days about random things that were for my benefit. I don't know why they did it but I needed it and am truly blessed that they remembered I'm still alive. Whether you challenged me to a Disney quiz on QuizUp or wanted me to know where I could do free Qigong workouts online or just to tell me about another blogger....you made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment