09 June 2014

Alternative Pot Roast

I've been craving pot roast and my own chili. But...I didn't have any potatoes or ground beef. I did have a roast and all the other chili ingredients so I improvised. My kitchen smelled like heaven and I couldn't wait for the entire 10 hours to taste it. My stomach was so happy.

Here's the ingredients I used.

Roast
Enchilada sauce of your choice
Salsa
Diced Tomatoes w/ peppers and onions
Pinto Beans
Black Beans
Dark Red Kidney Beans
Cannelini Beans (white kidney beans)
Chickpeas
Corn
Rice

I put the roast in the crockpot smothered in the enchilada sauce, salsa, and diced tomatoes. I covered it and set the thermostat to 10 hours on low. At the 7 hour mark I added everything else but the rice. This is when I couldn't resist and took a taste an hour later. When the thermostat clicks over to warm I shredded the beef, added the rice and let it absorb the combined juices.


You could eat it over cornbread or, my personal favorite, corn tortilla chips. If you make it, let me know what you think. I haven't had much of an appetite lately and this is the first thing I've made in a while that made me hungry just smelling it cooking. This is definitely going to be a repeat meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment