23 May 2014

BRF: The Eyre Affair


I don't know how to describe this book. I loved it and need to get my hands on a copy of the second book in the series.

Have you ever wanted to have a conversation in person with a character in a book? Thursday Next gets to do that. Imagine that the CIA or MI-5 had a division that dealt with crimes of a literary nature. Now imagine time travel is policed. This is a fantastic book to escape into. I was taken away to a fantastic place where you can step inside the pages of a book and live in the story. If you are a fan of science fiction/fantasy, classical literature, and spy stories this is the next book you need to read.

I have been in love with Faramir from Lord of the Rings for-ever! I would love to step into that story and talk to him. I would also love to BE Éowyn for similar reasons. Oh the possibilities of imagination! I love when other people invite us into their's with stories like Jasper Fforde created in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment